Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Adventures in wire


Hi Ladies,


Wooooo, my first blog post! Well, I've had a busy few days of it, but found some time to muck around with copper wire and thought I would share the results... including my first real attempt at a ring. The wrapping is a bit off, but in general I'm not unpleased with it. Since it's not perfect, I can't sell it and will have to keep it, what a pity! So here we have (if I can do this without mucking up the photo's) Paua and Swarovski earrings, Ruby cab pendant in braided bezel, and Black onyx and freshwater pearl ring.


Have a lovely evening ladies,

Doc

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Doc - as usual! Looks like you've had lots of fun with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Doc and snap! Guess what I've been doing the last few days!? Yep playing with copper wire! (I love it) and wire wrapping a few odd bod beads for earrings and then making the ear hook as well. No pics just yet. Made some very unusual silver ones too for my daughter. So much fun to do and makes a change from chinese knots and flippin peyote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could remember to sign my name.
    Oh well it's late....
    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little ruby pendant! Rings are notoriously tricky, and this is pretty damn good for a first go.

    I have to caution you - wire wrapping is dangerously habit-forming! :)
    Vera

    ReplyDelete