Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My July YOJ piece (abit late!)

Sorry guys - been manic of late! Just realised that I forgot to post my July "Precious" YOJ piece, so here it is :) It's a piece of aluminium that I stamped, then drilled and attached a Chalcedony teardrop to. Quite simple, but I like it.


The theme for August's YOJ is "1960's" too - which should be fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for that!

And we have 4 entries completed so far for the Bead Swap. A few more to go till I can do the Big Reveal :)

Finally, I've had this gorgeous emerald for about a year now, too scared to use it! But it's my favourite stone, so I decided to keep it...only I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it...! The other day I peyoted around it and now wear it as a pendant : ) I'm not 100% sure that this is how it will stay as I now envision it in a wire setting...so we'll see...!!

Hope everyone is well.

~Amanda

8 comments:

  1. Jen here, really lovely Amanda, the bracelet is gorgeous. Now how did you peyote around that heart shape, I mean do you still start with a circle and do the same as if it were round? It's beautiful anyway, so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Jen! It's actually not a heart shape, it's more of an arrowhead shape. But same concept as other peyoteing - just did the tube and wrapped it to fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I see what you mean about the arrowhead. It's just lovely, colours are great, I do love green. I went and bought more seed beads today, going to have a go at beading around an old earring, actually the other half of the one I sent to Vera. I tried using some tubular delicas but it wouldn't work, stupid thing kept slipping and sliding about, got really cross! So have another go tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and another thing I was meaning to ask someone, where it says Beadhive Divas said... at the top of where the comment starts, some of you have your name there, how do you do that? Pain aren't I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, if you sign up to blogger yourself you can leave a comment with your name on it. You would still have to sign in to post things under the beadhive divas login so don't forget to sign anything you actually blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Em and Amanda, but can you point me in the right direction, I mean what do I click onto first? I have these 'menopause days' and tend to loose the plot! Bloody Men!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checking to see what happens when I leave a comment. I've even set up my own blog, something I've been thinking of doing for awhile, I think! Oh well it's done now. Can't figure out how to alter the time and date to NZ time though. Oh my poor brain, must be wine o'clock by now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well that didn't work did it! Anyone spot the not so deliberate mistake. Jen again!

    ReplyDelete