Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My "Images" YOJ Piece, Iconic Silver Fern.

Well here it is... my twist on the "images" yoj theme, I decided to use an Iconic Image we are all used to seeing.
The Silver Fern,
I did send it to the beadaholic comp but alas not a mention, never mind. I used the herringbone stitch and made all the leaves individually and then sewed them all together with graduated swaroski bicones, it all took awhile... and then attached a brooch pin at the back...phew... I still love it!!! Now this pic is the first of my "tease" on the TM board and took me about 3 1/2 hours to make last night and measures 38 inches long....
This piece of the necklace uses "the chevron chain stitch" with sz 15 hermatite, sz 11 silver lined seed beads and then a couple of silver glass pearls, a black 12mm czech & 2 pale gold czech beads.
So now onto the second part of the necklace, which I will post in a day or so. Hugs leeanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment