Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy

Hi all I have been lurking and looking at the posts every once and a while and there is some beautiful skilled work going on. Inspiring.
I thought I would post some pictures of what I have been doing lately. Can anyone tell I got a new book! LOL. The first two are from the book Zulu Inspired Beadweaving Techniques, by Dianne Fitzgerald. The last picture is my own design using tubular polygon stitch.

This one is a square chain though the picture is a little out of focus.


This is a triangle chain. I have also discovered the button clasp cool as it is part of the piece and sewn on at the beginning and end.


This was an experiment with a polygon chain and a red and gold focus bead. I like how it turned out. Especially working in red not a colour I normally have any inclination to use. Funny really I find it hard to use colours that don't suit me.


Hope you enjoyed looking.

Cheers
Penny

2 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty and Well Done Penny, keep up the great work:)
    I think most of us find it hard to use colors that we wouldn't really or rarely wear ourselves. When I make a piece using a different color, I think about the person who would wear it and how they would love to show it off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Penny. I also have had that library book, some good designs in it to inspire. I'm like that with colour also, but am gradually getting 'over it'.

    ReplyDelete