Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A few of the things that have been keeping me busy...


I haven't been doing all that much lately, but here are a couple of pieces that I made up....

This is 'Arwen Undomiel' as it's something I think an Elf would wear, and it was inspired by the colours of a beautiful blue and silver dress worn by Live Tyler in LOTR. Sterling silver and kyanite. This also has curlicue links further around the the necklace

Next is a Peruvian pink opal in sterling silver I made for a wedding I went to. The colours were a perfect match for the outfit. Don't you just LOVE that!? :)

Lastly a fun piece featuring a lampwork glass seahorse. I didn't have to do much but string the beads, a relaxing change from the wire wrapping. This photo doesn't quite capture it, but it gives the overall idea.

-Vera


3 comments:

  1. Hi Vera! So you are still in NZ? Beautiful pieces. Love that pink opal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, thank you! Yep still here. :)
    That pink opal I just couldn't part with! Wish I'd bought more when I got this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful, where do you acquire stones like that from? If you don't mind me asking!

    ReplyDelete