Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bead Swap: Update and New One?

Leeanne, how are we going for the Bead Swap entries? Barring Edith, who is at the moment rather busy mending :) Any chance we can see the results soon? How many others are we waiting on?

I'm keen to organise the next one using Vanessa's proposed theme...

Once this one is out of the way, I'll post the details again and get an idea of who's interested.

As to what I've been up to - more peyote!! Been having so much fun with Lynne's lovely delica's, which arrived yesterday :) Man, what a difference peyoteing (sp?) with the "proper" delica's - so uniform, they make the work look fantastic! And the colours are sooooo purrrrdy :)

Pics to come - but for now I'll just say that FINALLY (after 3 tries previously with cheap beads and without a clue as to what I was doing, IE: making the first row too tight) I have managed to peyote around a pretty button I have. And it looks fab! Like I say, pics to follow (hopefully tonight, if all goes well!).

Hope everyone has a lovely creative day...and keeps warm...it's freezing cold here!

~Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Aren't the delica's just fab, i found my self realy hooked and any other inferior seed beads went up for sale, still have some left though will keep those for embroidery etc.
    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAD SWAP UPDATE!!! Other than edith we have one wee lassy whos left but she has been busy with a sick laddy. So I guess we have to wait just a little longer hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, cool - so close then! Can't wait! Thanks for the update m'Lady :)

    ReplyDelete