Monday, June 29, 2009

Hi All
Its been a bit busy here for the last few days. Due to having a nasty infected finger tip pushed a needle into it while trying to go fast handsewing leather. I have been making up bits and pieces on the loom for horses show browbands. I have a few pics.




So thats been fun though I am still having problems about the best way to attach to leather, for durability, although they are only for show use they still need to be able to stand a certain amount of wear and tear. I have settled for stitching felt over the leather and attaching the beads to that. Next project is to inlay a string of beads and sandwich them in the leather. I think I will have to add some glue too. Still mulling over how to best do it. Also cutting leather is hard, straight lines are a pain, as you hit a hard bit the knife goes off on an angle.
Oh well, I am sure it is practice and since I bought a whole hide I have plenty to practice on.

Cheers Happy beading everyone
Penny

1 comment:

  1. Apologising for the not too good pic quality - I just took them and normally only photo things in the daylight.

    ReplyDelete