Monday, June 29, 2009

Crochet

Penny, your show browbands look fantastic - such alot of work gone into them, you can see that!

Boy am I peeved...I especially set aside an hour this afternoon to update my website, took all the photos, edited them - went to add them to my listings and they won't bl**dy add! I get some sort of weirdo error message instead - arrrgh! So frustrating, as I can add the items and any photos within the listing, just can't add the thumbnail and larger image of the thumbnail. Grrrrrrrr!! So, I've emailed my webhost, now waiting for them to fix it so I can get onto the adding new stuff part. But, as they're in the US and I'm here, it probably won't be till tomorrow. Again: arrgh! Best laid plans of mice and men eh?!

So, in the meantime, thought I'd come in and share with you my crochet bracelet that I was working on over the weekend. I spent a good part of the weekend making a pair of curtains and roman blind for our bedroom (they look great!) but managed to also get the bracelet finished. Had such fun crocheting - had forgotten how much I enjoyed it!
I made the bracelet using silk yarn, then added the beads afterwards. The closure is by MOP button. It's so light and silky to wear, am definately going to explore this crochet thing more :)


~ Amanda

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely Amanda, love the colours. I like crocheting because it's so quick and easy. Having said that, wire can be a bit more tricky, at least it was to start with. I've got to start having a plan ready for when I tutor a class in advanced jewellery making, that's if we get the numbers required to hold a class. And I thought I'd start with a beaded crochet choker. Well it's been a dull, overcast, cold windy showery day and we both have the 'sniffles'. Just hope that's all it's going to be. Hope your Mum is better.
    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen :) Yep, am really enjoying crocheting again - just bought more silk and some cotton, so we'll see how I go with those! Mum's gonna show me a few more tricks this week, so that should be fun! She's in the middle of crocheting beanies for the family and yes, she's feeling much better now, thanks :) Cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh I am in awe of the level of skill I am seeing on this blog; this is STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete